THE ROLE OF THE PATIENT
PARTICIPATION GROUP (PPG)
We are a group of people who have got together at the invitation of the Managing Partners of our 3 surgeries:
Board Members are:
Kevin Goucher - Chair
Barrie Gray – Culcheth patient
Chris Addison – Culcheth patient
Geoff Nolan – Culcheth patient
Betty Hargreaves – Culcheth patient
Des Appleton – Appleton patient
We currently have 1 vacancy for Appleton
Our role is to be the link between the patient and the surgery in whatever capacity it may take (we have NO access to your medical or personal information).
In this way, we liaise with the Operations Manager 2/3 times a week through our Chairperson and fortnightly with the Managing Partners and us as a Board get together every 8 weeks.
- We provide patient feedback to the surgery, of concerns, and interests and to challenge the practice constructively whenever necessary.
- Serve as a relief valve for dealing with patient issues whilst helping them to understand the practice viewpoint.
- Liaise with other PPG’s within our area.
- We meet with the CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group) which is responsible for ALL the care within Warrington and various other bodies that provide our care within the community.
- Develop the web site alongside the practice.
- We have introduced new PPG Notice Boards within all the surgeries
- We assist with promotion of the Flu jabs, measles, Cancer awareness, Diabetes awareness and many more.
- We try to discover what our patient needs are in the surgeries; we will this year have a big influence on the Patient Survey Content and its results, look for information on our Notice Board in due course.
- We provide the platform to test and modify ideas and plans.
- We have now set up an E-MAIL address so that you as patient can contact us with any ideas you may have for improving the care within the practice, or any other issues you may wish the PPG to take up.
The e-mail address should you wish to contact us with is:
We are here to assist the surgery and the patient to work together in harmony and to provide the best possible care and attention that we need.
Chair of the PPG within the CCA care partnership
We would like to know how we can improve our service to you and how you perceive our surgery and staff.
CCA Care Partnership has a thriving Patient Participation Group and has a 'virtual' group to sit alongside the existing group which meets on a regular basis.
As a member of the 'virtual' group you will be asked, occasionally to take part in online surveys relating to issues raised from our existing PVG, and to comment on proposed developments.
We would very much like a wide representative group from young people, workers, retirees, people with long term conditions and people from non-British ethnic groups.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
CCA Care Partnership Management Support
Culcheth - Shelley Moores
Chapelford - Elaine McNamara
Appleton - Mindy Rutherford / Liane Glynn
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.